Information according to Art. 13 and 14 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the processing of personal data in connection of contacting one of the MIAP Units
The protection of your personal data is a major concern of the University of Freiburg and we want you to be fully informed about the processing of your personal data.
We process your personal data (hereinafter referred to as “data”) in accordance with the legal requirements and organize this in a transparent manner. With the following data protection information, we explain to you which data are processed in connection with joining the Life Imaging Center as a user to use our microscopes and software, for what purposes and on what legal basis this is done. You will also receive information about ways to contact us and about your rights as a data subject.
Responsible internal Institution
Information on data processing and purposes
The Life Imaging Center operates a platform for microscopes and laboratories (miap.eu). This platform allows interested microscope users to collect information about a wide variety of microscopes and laboratories in various facilities that are members of the MIAP network, in order to be able to plan and carry out their experiments. The following institutions are currently members of the MIAP platform:
- DBM Microscopy Core Facility
- Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy
- Imaging Core Facility Biozentrum Basel
- Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics
- University Heart Center Freiburg – Bad Krozingen
- University of Freiburg
The address and contact details of the facility as well as personal data of the responsible contact persons at the facility (photo, address, telephone number, email address, curriculum vitae) are accessible for everyone on the MIAP website. The consent to the publication of this data on the website is done via email.
Via the contact form under
the various institutions can be contacted. Personal data is saved in the process. The collected personal data are first stored in an SQL database. The operator of MIAP, the Life Imaging Center, receives a message via the email address email@example.com with the request, which also contains the personal data. If this message is intended for another facility, the email will be forwarded to the responsible persons of the institution.
The data storage has the following purposes:
• Answering the contact’s request
Categories of data
- Name (title, first name and surname, suffix)
- Email address
- Phone number (optional)
- MIAP Unit
- Files (optional)
Right of withdrawal
Consent to data processing is voluntary. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. This also applies to individual data. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can send an informal email to firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent. You will not suffer any disadvantages from refusing or withdrawing your consent. However, the user account cannot be continued under these circumstances.
Legal basis for data processing
- Employees / Members of the University of Freiburg: Art. 6 Para. 1 Subpara. 1 lit. e in conjunction with Para. 3 DS-GVO, Art. 88 DSGVO in conjunction with § 15 Para 1 LDSG in conjunction with §§ 83 ff. LBG, § 12 Para. 1 LHG
- Voluntary information / external members: Art. 6 Para. 1 Subpara. 1 lit. a in conjunction with 7 DSGVO (consent)
Communication with the web server takes place via an HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) connection. This means that the data is transmitted securely against eavesdropping. In addition, there are HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) and PFS (Perfect Forward Secrecy) to prevent the connection encryption from being broken.
Storage duration or criteria for determining the duration
Your data will only be processed/stored as long as required to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. If you withdraw your consent or if it is determined that emails are permanently no longer deliverable, your data will be deleted within one month. This does not apply if, in deviation from this, a longer storage or retention period is required by law or is necessary for legal enforcement within the statutory limitation periods.
Recipients or Categories of Recipients
Internal recipients are those employees who need the data for their work in the context of the fulfillment of tasks.
Your rights as a data subject
- You have the right to obtain information from us about any data we process concerning your person and / or to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- You also have the right to erasure or restriction of processing and data portability.
- If you have given us your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, whereby the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the time of withdrawal is not affected. You can also withdraw your consent for the processing of individual data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates legal provisions. Such a supervisory authority is, for example, the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg, Lautenschlagerstraße 20, 70173 Stuttgart, email: email@example.com (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de/).
- If you would like to assert the rights of data subjects against the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about objection to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data which is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 Subpara. 1 lit. e and f GDPR.